Monday, February 10, 2014

Changes!

The last time I posted was over two years ago.  As can be expected, I've had a lot of changes in that time.  For starters, I was in the middle of working on my master's in education.  I graduated in May 2013, and you can see what I accomplished here.  A few months earlier, in February of 2013, I moved my studio from the studio in Puyallup to my home in Buckley.  And then I got pregnant, and I just gave birth in December to my baby boy, Logan.  While working on my master's, I stopped accepting new students, as it was a LOT of work, both being in school, then being pregnant.  I took about two months off of teaching entirely when Logan was born, and am now back teaching!

Recently, at my local music teacher's group, we had a very inspiring program about the MTNA certification process; so inspiring, we all decided to start working on it together.  At first, my thought was that I would wait until Logan was older and I was teaching more, but then it occurred to me that this is the perfect time to work on it!  I don't have many students, and since I'm breastfeeding my son, I have a lot of time on the couch that would be perfect for typing up the projects.  So, I've started working on my certification, and you can see my progress here.

My goal for this blog is to post once a week.  In coming weeks, you can look for posts on how these recent changes have effected my teaching.

Is there something you want to know about?  Make a comment or send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment